Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mad as a Hatter! Pace's 7th Birthday!

For Pace's 7th Birthday he wanted a Mad Hatter Tea Party! Easy to do when we are all Mad! :)
His cute aunt Mandy made the decorations and we LOVED them! They turned out perfect!


Welcome to Wonderland!!! We are all Mad Here!




Pace really played the part for his Gramma Luvlee while she took pictures! But once his friends arrived he got way shy!



Our Wonderland food table!




Our cute mad hatter girl hats and tutus! What cute models I had! :)





I made the toadstools and LOVED the way they turned out! Also the adorable fairy lights in the background were a huge hit. But our flower faces not so much! Everyone was creeped out by them! Especially Aunt JoJo!


I painted the Large teacup centerpieces and collected LOTS of tea cups, saucers, and teapots from thrift stores!


Our little mouse and teacup! The kids loved it! Couldn't find a white one though but it worked!


I got a dollar store white cat and painted it like the Cheshire Cat. I was happy with how it turned out!





These were part of the favors for the boys and girls. The boys also got pocketwatches and their hats that they designed. The girls got tutu's and the headband hats that they designed.






The food table!


Key cookies!




Our Cheshire Cat cheese ball! Thanks again to Mandy for the cute food signs!


The Queen of Hearts Tarts! I love the sign that says "Did you eat my tarts? Off with your head!"




Okay this if my first attempt at fondant EVER and I hated it! But it turned out pretty good in the end! Thanks Gramma Luvlee for all her help. It would have been really ugly without her! :)


White Rabbit Snackage!


At the beginning of the party we changed everyone's names to make them more "wonderlandish". They all got a name tag with their name spelled backwards. We had Aehs, Ecap, Ibrok, and Iinad! Try saying those three times fast!


Getting their new names. They played a game with them. It was kinda hard for the little ones!


Then they all became mad hatters and decorated their own hats! They had hat pins, ribbons, feathers and flowers. They turned out adorable! I loved them!






Then it was time to Tea Party (Herbal tea of course, well and lemonade which is what most of them drank)


We even taught them to drink with their pinkies out! All were good sports! Even the boys!


I LOVE this teapot Kamryn's using! One of my favorites! And what a cute girl she is too!


We had lots of great helpers!


Lip smackin' good!

The forks were wooden so I could add my favorite saying from Alice in Wonderland!


Bring on the food!!!!!

Now we're happy hatters!


We endend with hatter games and of course no party would be complete without "Fudderwhacking". We had some awesome Fudderwhackers!

Korbi couldn't help fudderwhacking along with everyone else! And I love Shea's concentration tongue!


Braxton was a Fudderwhacking Pro!


What a great time we had in Wonderland! Thanks for coming along with us! And remember:


"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.""How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice."You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

5 comments:

  1. What a stinkin cute sister I have! Loved the post, even if it was a bit late:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? He's SEVEN??

    Besides that initial and ever-continuing shock (ah! seven is OLD!), I LOVE YOUR PARTY!! What a fantastic, amazing-down-to-the-details party! You did wonderfully. And it looks like the birthday boy had quite a fantastic time as well. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as a bug's rear!, or is that ear? I always forget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Pace's 7th Birthday was amazing. On my son’s 8th birthday birthday I had a great experience hosting a DIY party. It was a cute construction themed party at one of the best event venues Chicago. I found a lot of ideas for party décor and arrangements from pinterest.

    ReplyDelete